Areas of Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence
- machine learning
- data mining
- high performance computation
- mathematical informatics
Politics & Economy
Political Risk Analysis (2016–)
Received his PhD from the Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University. Was an assistant professor, Department of Human Sciences and Cultural Studies, Yamanashi Eiwa College. Is concurrently a research fellow, School of Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
Publications and Conference Papers
- S. Kato, T. Nakanishi, H. Shimauchi, B. Ahsan, Topic Variation Detection Method for Detecting Political Business Cycles, In Proceedings of the 6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Big Data Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT '19). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 85-93 (2019).
- Hirokazu Shimauchi, Naotake Tsukidate, Kan Hishiyama, Manabu Oi, Yuko Yoshimura, Mitsuru Kikuchi and Chiaki Hasegawa, "Discovering Knowledge of ASD from CCC-2: Ensemble Learning Approach for Analysis of ASD", Accepted at the International Conference Proceedings Series by ACM: the 3rd International Conference on Information Science and Systems (ICISS 2020), Cambridge University, UK (2019).
- H. Shimauchi, "Taylor coefficients of the conformal map for the exterior of the reciprocal of the multibrot set", Interdisciplinary Information Sciences, 25(1), 33-44 (2019).
- B. Ahsan, S. Kato, T. Nakanishi, H. Shimauchi, Augmenting Political Data through Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Paper presented at the 115th American Political Science Association's Annual Meeting (2019).
S. Kato, H. Shimauchi, T. Nakanishi and B. Ahsan, Detecting Political Business Cycles through the Prime Minister’s Daily Schedule, Paper presented at the 77th Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association (2019).
- Hotta and H. Shimauchi, “On a Numerical Algorithm for the Solution of the Radial Loewner Equation,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 41 (2), 714-723 (2018).
R.M. Porter and H. Shimauchi, “Numerical Solution of the Beltrami Equation via a Purely Linear System,” Constructive Approximation, 43(3), 371-407 (2016).
- Shimauchi, “A Remark on Zagier’s Observation of the Mandelbrot Set,” Osaka Journal of Mathematics, vol. 52, no. 3, 737-747 (2015).
R.M. Porter and H. Shimauchi, “A Numerical Algorithm for Solving the Beltrami Equation,” AIP Conference Proceedings, 1648, 440006 (2015).
- Shimauchi, “On the Coefficients of the Riemann Mapping Function for the Exterior of the Multibrot Set,” Topics in Finite or Infinite Dimensional Complex Analysis, Tohoku University Press, 237-248 (2013).