Areas of Expertise
- Media informatics
- information mathematics
- data science
- knowledge creation
- big data analysis
- development of AI and data scientists
Is professor emeritus at the University of Tsukuba and professor in the Department of Data Science at Musashino University. Was previously professor in the School of Information Systems and Computer Science at the Graduate School of the University of Tsukuba. Also served as visiting professor at the University of the Air (in charge of interdisciplinary informatics), visiting scholar at Stanford University (Computer Science Dept.), Evaluation Committee chair at JST (MECST), RISTEX (governance in information society), senior advisor & technological chief of CCIF (Consortium against Copyright Infringement via File-Sharing Software, http://www.ccif-j.jp/about.html), and on more than 20 committees of the CAO, MIAC, MITI, including several industry-academia-government collaborative consortiums.
- Kyohei Matsumoto, Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “Semantic-Dependent Access Log Analysis for Predicting the Demographic Data.” Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases XXX. 2018. 415-434.
- Kyohei Matsumoto, Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “Evaluation Indexes of Customer Journey for Contents of Owned Media.” Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases XXVIII. 2017. 292. 362-369.
- Takafumi Nakanishi, Ryotaro Okada, Takashi Kitagawa. “Automatic media content creation system according to an impression by recognition-creation operators.” 15th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science, ICIS 2016, Okayama, Japan, June 26-29, 2016. 2016. 1-6.
- Kyohei Matsumoto, Ryotaro Okada, Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “The method of image feature selection for integration of image classification by Bag-of-Keypoints.” 2015 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI). 2015. 589-594.
- Ryotaro Okada, Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “A Method of Knowledge Creation and Knowledge Utilization by Generalized Inverse Operator.” 2014 IIAI 3rd International Conference on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI-AAI 2014). 2014. 253-258.
- Hidenori Honma, Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “A Method of Automatic Metadata Extraction Corresponding to the Impression of the Words.” Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases. 2007. 18. 206-222.
- Hidenori Homma, Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “An automatic creation method of the query vector for the semantic associative search corresponding to the impression of sound of arbitrary words.” 2007 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing, vols 1 and 2. 2007. 395-+.
- Sadaya Kishimoto, Mamoru Murakata, Takafumi Nakanishi, Tetsuya Sakurai, Takashi Kitagawa. “Problem-solving support system for mathematical sciences.” 2007 IEEE International Workshop on Databases for Next Generation Researchers. 2007. 79-+.
- T. Itoh, T. Kitagawa, S. Nakata. “Implicit Surface Reconstruction of 3D Objects: Preconditioned Iterative Methods for the CSRBF-Type Linear Systems.” Electronics and Communications in Japan, Part 3. 2006. 89. 4. 11-20.
- T. Itoh, T. Kitagawa, S. Nakata. “Implicit Surface Reconstruction of 3D Objects: Preconditioned Iterative Methods for the CSRBF-Type Linear Systems.” Electronics and Communications in Japan Part III: Fundamental Electronic Science. 2006. 89. 4. 11-20.
- Takafumi Nakanishi, Takashi Kitagawa. “An implementation method of a heterogeneous associative media data search for music data and image data.” Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Databases and Applications. 2006. 143-+.
- T. Nakanishi, T. Kitagawa. “Visualization of music expression in facial expression to represent emotion.” Proceedings of 3rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling, Australia. CRIPT Vol.53 ACS. 2006. 55-64.
- T Nakanishi, S Kishimoto, T Sakurai, T Kitagawa. “A construction method of a metadata space based on relations between words from an index of a book.” 2005 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing (PACRIM). 2005. 438-441.
- H Homma, T Nakanishi, T Kitagawa. “A construction method of a retrieval space by an evaluation of word distributions in documents.” 2005 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing (PACRIM). 2005. 209-212.
- T. Itoh, S. Nakata, T. Kitagawa. “An efficient method for implicit surface reconstruction with attributes.” Proceedings of ICNAAM 2005, Rhodes. 2005. 280-283.
- Makoto Natori, Shi Zhong-ci, Takashi Kitagawa, eds, In Search for the Frontier of Computational and Applied Mathematics toward the 21st Century, Elsevier, April 2003.
- Takashi Kitagawa, Data Mining and Reverse Engineering, IFIP, Chapman & Hall, October 1998. IFIP, Chapman & Hall, October 1998.