Areas of Expertise
- Global Health
- Planetary Health
- Data Science
Health System Innovation in the Post-COVID Era
Rethinking Global Health Policy in the Post-COVID Era
After earning a doctorate in Human Life Science in 2019 from Osaka City University, Dr Ashraful Alam joined at the Department of Global Health Policy, the University of Tokyo, as a Project Assistant Professor. His current research focuses on global health, planetary health, and climate-sensitive health risks. He also enjoys solving issues using an analytical approach.
- Patwary, MM, Bardhan,M, Disha, AS, Hasan, M, Haque, Z, Sultana, R, Hossain, R, Browning, MHEM, Alam, MA, Sallam, M. 2021. Determinants of COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance among the Adult Population of Bangladesh Using the Health Belief Model and the Theory of Planned Behavior Model. Vaccines, 9:1393.
- Rahman MM, Chisty MA, Sakib MS, Quader MA, Shobuj IA, Alam MA, Halim MA, Rahman F. 2021. Status and Perception towards the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Cross-sectional Online Survey among Adult Population of Bangladesh. Health Sci. Rep. (Accepted).
- Patwary MM, Hossain MR, Shuvo FK, Ashraf S, Sultana R, Alam MA. 2021. Protecting Sanitation Workers in Low-Middle Income Countries Amid COVID-19. Work Expo. Health, 65(4), 492-493.
- Parvej MS, Nakamura H, Alam MA, Wang L, Zhang S, Emura K, Kage-Nakada E, Wada T, Hara-Kudo Y, Nishikawa Y. 2019. Host range-associated clustering based on multi-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis, phylotypes, and virulence genes of atypical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli Appl Environ Microbiol, 85: e02796-18.
- Parvej MS, Alam MA, Shono M, Zahan MN, Parvez MMM, Ansari WK, Jowel MS, Uddin MS, Kage-Nakada E, Rahman MT, Nishikawa Y. 2019. Prevalence of Virulence Genes of Diarrheagenic Escherichia coli in Fecal Samples Obtained from Cattle, Poultry and Diarrheic Patients in Bangladesh. Jpn J Infect Dis, yoken.JJID.2019.016.
- Alam MA, Farnham C, Emura K. 2018. Bayesian Modeling of Flood Frequency Analysis in Bangladesh Using Hamiltonian Monte Carlo Techniques. Water, 10: 900.
- Yuan J, Emura K, Farnham C, Alam MA. 2018. Frequency analysis of annual maximum hourly precipitation and determination of best fit probability distribution for regions in Japan. Urban Climate, 24: 276-286.
- Alam MA, Farnham C, Emura K. 2018. Best-Fit Probability Models for Maximum Monthly Rainfall in Bangladesh Using Gaussian Mixture Distributions. Geosciences, 8: 138.
- Alam MA, Emura K, Farnham C, Yuan J. 2018. Best-Fit Probability Distributions and Return Periods for Maximum Monthly Rainfall in Bangladesh. Climate, 6: 9.
- Farnham C, Zhang L, Yuan J, Emura K, Alam MA, Mizuno T. 2017. Measurement of the evaporative cooling effect: Oscillating misting fan. Building Research & Information, 45: 783-799.
- Yuan J, Farnham C, Emura K, Alam MA. Proposal for optimum combination of reflectivity and insulation thickness of building exterior walls for annual thermal load in Japan. Building and Environment, 103: 228-237.