Areas of Expertise
- Global value chain (GVC)-related analysis
- environmental economics
- spatial computable general equilibrium (CGE) model
China as a Superpower
Global Supply Chain and Japan’s Business Strategy
Received his BEng in transportation engineering from Chang'an University, China, an MSc in economics from Yamaguchi University, Japan, and a PhD in information sciences from Tohoku University, Japan. Worked as a research fellow and deputy director of the International Input-Output Analysis Group, IDE-JETRO, and as a policy analyst in the Directorate for Science, Technology, and Industry, OECD, before assuming his present position.
- Meng Bo, Liu Yu, Zhou Meifang, Andrew Robbie, Hubacek Klaus, Xue Jinjun, Peters Glen, Gao Yuning (2018). More than half of China’s CO2 emissions are from micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, Applied Energy, 230: 712-725.
- Meng Bo, Peters Glen, Wang Zhi, Li Meng (2018). Tracing CO2 emissions in global value chains, Energy Economics, 73: 24-42.
- Meng Bo, Fang Yong, Guo Jiemin, Zhang Yaxiong (2017). Measuring China’s Domestic Production Networks through Trade in Value-added Perspectives, Economic Systems Research, 29 (1): 48-65.
- Degain Christope, Meng Bo, Wang Zhi (2017). Recent Trends in Global Trade and Global Value Chains, in the World Bank eds., Global Value Chain Development Report 2017: Measuring and Analyzing the Impact of GVCs on Economic Development, printed by the World Bank Group.
- Meng Bo, Yamano Norihiko (2017). Compilation of a regionally extended inter-country input–output table and its application to global value chain analyses, Journal of Economic Structures, 6 (1): 1-23.
- Zhang Hongsheng, Meng Bo, Ma Shuzhong (2017). Determinants of China's bilateral trade balance in global value chains, The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, 27 (5): 463-485.
- Meng Bo, Wang Jianguo, Andrew Robbie, Xiao Hao, Peters Glen, Xue Jinjun (2016). Spatial Spillover Effects in Determining China’s Regional CO2 Emission Growth: 2007-2010, Energy Economics, 63: 161-173.
- Liu Yu, Meng Bo, Hubacek Klaus, Xue Jinjun, Feng Kuishuang, Gao Yuning (2016). ‘Made in China’: A Reevaluation of Embodied CO2 Emissions in Chinese Exports Using Firm Heterogeneity Information, Applied Energy, 184: 1106-1113.
- Ye Ming, Meng Bo, Wei Shang-Jin (2015). Measuring Smile Curves in Global Value Chains, IDE Discussion Papers, 530.
- Meng Bo (2015). Domestic Value Chains in PRC and their Linkages with the Global Economy, in Xing, Yuqing eds., Uncovering Value Added in Trade: New Approaches to Analyzing Global Value Chains, Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Japan.